Alkalize Your Way To Better Health

Alkalize Your Way To Better Health was written by Bill Marshall from poweraffirmations.com

Alkalize Your Way To Better HealthTodaywe're shifting our focus from wealth to health. First of all, I am notan expert. If you have a health condition, you should go see yourdoctor. What I'm going to discuss in this post is something I was firstexposed to at a Tony Robbins seminar.

First let me set thestage. It was day for of the Tony Robbins "Unleash the Power Within"seminar in Pasadena, CA. I had been to the seminar before, so I knewwhat to expect. Or so I thought...

The way the previous seminarhad been run, Tony was out of the building--gone--bye-bye. The topicwas on Living Health, a subject that Tony Robbins is very passionateabout. The story we had been told is that the last time he spoke aboutit live, he went for 18 hours! Now those of you who have been to one ofhis seminars knows that this is entirely possible. In fact, theprevious days certainly seemed close to that.

Anyway, theseminar started exactly the same way as before. Shortly after itstarted, I was about to leave. Then they appeared to have videoproblems. One of Tony's associates came back on stage and apologized.It looked like they had a legitimate disaster on their hands. Then heasked if there was anyone in the audience who was familiar enough withthe material to complete the seminar. Suddenly a familiar voice cameover the speakers--it was Tony, live and in person.

The wholething was a set up. And they had kept it secret during the entireprevious 3 days. In fact, the audience that day was a fraction of theaudience the days before.

Tony explained that it had been manyyears since he had taught the seminar live and that there were some newexciting distinctions he was going to share with us that day. Therewere some things in the previous seminar he now thought were not quiteright based on his new knowledge.

Of course, like everyone else in the audience, as soon as he walked on the stage I was riveted. No way I was going to leave now.

WhatTony shared for the rest of the day definitely caused a major shift inmy thinking about health. Without getting into too many details, hetalked about his studies with Robert O. Young and one of the primary(if not they primary) cause of bad health: acidosis. This is thecondition of the body being too acid. I have never heard this discussedbefore.

Tony has a set of recordings of his seminar availablecalled Living Health. I purchased those (actually repurchased those)sometime after the seminar. I may be wrong, but I think the CDs of thesecond set I purchased were recorded at the seminar I attended. You canlearn more about this if you get the Living Health program or purchaseRobert O. Young's book, "The pH Miracle."

Just to be clear, Idon't get any kind of money for endorsing Tony's seminar. I justmention it because it has formed the basis of many of the PowerAffirmations I created for the recordings on health.

How do youknow if your body is too acid? The safest assumption is just to assumethat it is. If you get some yellow litmus paper (just search theinternet), you can take a small strip and put it under your tongue. Ifit's a light shade of yellow, guess what, you're acidic. If it turnsblue, most likely you are alkaline.

First of all you need tounderstand the pH (potential for hydrogen) scale. It is a logarithmicscale from 1-14 that measures the acidity or alkalinity of a chemical(hint: your body is a chemical factory). A pH of 7 is neutral (thenormal pH of pure water).

The fact that it is a logarithmicscale is important. For example, a pH of 6 is ten times more acidicthan a pH of 7. But a pH of 5 is a 100 times more acidic.

Thehuman blood has a natural pH of about 7.4. The human body cannotsurvive if the pH of their human blood drops to 7 or rises to 7.8! Sothe body has natural buffers it uses to keep the blood within thesenarrow limits. Hint: your bones (including your teeth) are mostlycalcium--an alkaline substance. So if your body gets too acidic, itleaches the calcium from your bones creating tooth decay and bone loss.Increased storage of fat and water retention is also a way your bodyprotects itself. To get to your ideal weight--alkalize.

Now thereal trick is how do you change your body from acid to slightlyalkaline and keep it there. It is a fact of chemistry that it takes alot of alkalinity to neutralize even a little bit of acid. For example,to change a gallon of water with a pH of 5 to 7 would take 20 gallonsof water with a pH of 7.5!

Here's some simple math: your body is80% water. Water weighs 8.34 pounds per gallon. To find out about howmany gallons of water are in your body at any one time, multiply yourbody weight by 80% and divide by 8.34. Let's say you weigh about 170lbs. 170 x 80%=136 lbs. 136/8.34 is about 16 gallons of water.

Obviously,the human body is much more complicated than this. But what thisindicates is just how diligent we need to be to alkalize our body.

Ibelieve that the trick is to drink alkaline drinks and eliminate acidicdrinks. From what I've studied, the closer your drinks are to a pH ofabout 9 the better.

One of the most shocking things I learned atTony's seminar is that fresh orange juice and carrot juice are actuallyacidic, and so can cause the body to become too acid if taken toexcess. Same with eating too much fruit. That was a significant shiftfrom his earlier program. Note: I still like fruit and think it can bebeneficial, but only in moderation.

The foods that really shineare the live, leafy greens--what a surprise! He showed some photos thatshowed the amount of energy in the food (I forget the name of theprocess) and it was amazing the amount of energy radiating from freshwheat grass--like a lightening storm!

I think that eating theleafy greens and drinking their fresh juices is one way to increaseyour alkalinity, but I've come across some other products that workwell for me (no, I'm not promoting some MLM--most of these can bepurchased over the internet or at your local health food store). Inorder to test the alkalinity of some products, I'm relying on thelitmus paper I mentioned earlier.

So here are some of my findings based on my simple testing:

  • Soda--veryacidic! Put the litmus paper in it and it turns bright yellow. I haveread that soda has a pH of 3! Do the math and that is about 10,000times more acidic than plain water! Not figuratively, but literally (10to the 4th power)!
  • The enzyme products by Infinity2(http://www.infinity2.com). These all tested alkaline. The paper turnedbright blue! Note: this is an MLM and their products, while excellentare expensive. I'm not signing anyone up, so let's not even go there.What I am telling you is that their products appear to be outstandingand based on before and after blood tests (which you can see on theirsite), they help the body stay alkaline.
  • Coral Calcium. Itdepends on the formula. I tested a formula purchased at the health foodstore and it didn't appear to change the litmus strip. I tried CoralCalcium Supreme marketed by Bob Barefoot and Ken Trudeau and the stripturned blue.
  • Regular bottled water. No change in the color of the strip.
  • Evian Water. The strip turned to medium shade of blue--slightly alkaline.
  • EssentiaWater. The strip turned to a very light shade of blue--Evian wasdarker; however, they guarantee a pH of around 9.5! This may be thefastest way to alkalize your body! And the easiest way to stay inbalance. They state on their website that it is the nature of this typeof water that you can only accurately test the pH with scientificequipment rather than litmus paper. The water is reasonably priced andprobably available in most health food stores. I highly recommend thatyou include their water in your diet. You can read more about them attheir website at http://www.essentiawater.com.
  • AtkinsAdvantage shake mix. Generally, I'm not fond of diet drinks, but Ithought I'd test it to see what it looked like. To my surprise, ittested alkaline! I don't know about the other health qualities, but itseems to pass the alkaline test.
  • Slimfast Optima drinks. Similar to the Atkins powder above, but a little less.
  • EASMyoplex bars. This was another surprise. I tried one of their cookiesand cream bars and took a litmus test right after--dark blue. So again,it passes an initial test for being alkaline.
So what conclusions have I reached:
  • To be healthy, I have to concentrate on foods that are live and alkaline.
Adequatewater is critical to good health. But, all waters are not the same.While any bottled water is better than no water, whenever available,Essentia and Evian are the best I've tested (see the important notebelow about Penta Water added after I originally wrote this article! ).
  • Liveenzymes are critical to maintaining sound health. Most of the foods weeat, even live foods like salads, don't have as many enzymes as wereally need. A supplement is likely necessary.
  • Some brands of Coral Calcium can be very effective in staying alkaline.
  • Ina pinch, there are some mass market convenience foods that can satisfyyour hunger, that are reasonably priced, and alkaline. Again, not myfirst choice, but certainly better than reaching for that soda or candybar!
  • Live in outstanding health!
Important Note: Iwrote this article before testing Penta Water. I'm adding this extrabonus material because I think it will help you. I'm glad that theinternet allows me to edit articles I've already written as I learn newthings.

New Bottled Water Recommendation

Earlier thismonth in my article about alkalizing and energizing your body forbetter health, I wrote about Essentia Water. I want to let everyoneknow about another product that I have recently tried that I think issuperb: Penta Water. I will warn you in advance that this bottled wateris very expensive related to other waters. In California, it sells for$1.65 for a half-liter. But I will also tell you that after drinking itconsistently for about a week, it is probably far and away the bestwater I have ever had.

While it tested neutral for alkalinity,based on the research I found at the Penta website(www.pentawater.com), the special qualities of the water actuallycreate a very high alkalizing effect on the body. Without going intoall of the details, not only do they purify the water to a high degree,they also use physics to change the structure of the water so that itcreates smaller water clusters at the molecular level. There are otherthings they do (without adding anything to the water) that appear tohave a very beneficial effect. I suggest that you visit their websiteand read the research for yourself. While it is a bit on the glitzyside, based on my personal experience, I don't think they areoverselling their product.

The real proof to me was after Itested my own alkalinity after a few days on the product. Withoutmaking any other changes to my diet, the litmus strip came out a verydark blue. It seems clear to me that this is primarily due to drinkinga large amount of Penta (about 3 liters or more per day).

Thebottom line: if you can afford to drink it regularly (start using thoseaffirmations so you can!), I recommend Penta over any other bottledwater currently on the market.

Remember to subscribe my full feed to get latest posts

No comments: